2.25.2011

REM0DELiNG BEDR00M AND REiNVENTiNG MY LiFE.

"I’ve learned that you can’t please everyone. So don’t even try it. It’s a waste of time trying to make everyone like you. Just be you. I’ve learned the hard way and in the end, some people are just so full of hate that no matter what you say or do, they’ll always have something to say. They’ll never like you. So fuck them."
— Megan Fox
When I read this quote, it totally hit home. I have always been a people pleaser; always pleasing everyone first and myself last. I have recently grown exhausted from trying. I just want to be ME. The real me. I feel as though hardly anyone knows who that truly is. I fear that maybe I don't even know who I am anymore. But, enough is enough and I am going to do me from now on. Like it or not, I am going to be who I am. Life is too short to live in lies and fear.
Before I get started on the main points of this blog, I figured I would post a quick face of the day. I did not really do anything special today; the weather was horrid. :/
 
  • Clean and Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer for Dry Skin 
  • Hard ♡ Candy Sheer Envy Primer
  • Revlon Photoready foundation '003 Shell'
  • Hard ♡ Candy Glamoflauge in 'Medium'
  • e.l.f blush/bronze duo
  • Rimmel Stay Matte powder in '004 Sandstorm'
  • e.l.f blush in 'tickled pink'
  • Maybelline e/s quad 'Charcoal Smokes'
  • Rimmel London Exaggerate eye liner '261 Noir'
  • Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eye liner 'Blackest Black'
  • Covergirl Lash Blast Luxe '840?'
  • Loreal Voluminous 'Blackest Black'
  • Rimmel London Volume Flash 'Black'
  • eos lip balm 'Sweet Mint'
  • NYX l/s 'Strawberry Milk'
  • NYX l/g 'Sorbet'
I am reinventing myself and also remodeling my room. It is time for some major changes. I love diy projects and interior design. I frequently find myself moving my bedroom furniture just to get a new vibe and fresh start. I decided it is time to create a room that shows who I truly am, since that seems to be the theme of the day. : ]
The key characteristics I want my room to consist of are old Hollywood glamour/horror, animal prints, black and white photos, collages, vintage pieces, sparkles, and mirror accents. I want the color scheme to be silver, black, white, and some form of metallic/dark/grey purple. I want to create two key pieces on my own: a silver tufted headboard and a custom vanity. I am not made of money, so everything will need to be affordable. I have been wanting to create a vanity from some sort of old, vintage desk for quite sometime now and to my surprise I found a used one for $60 today! What a steal!
It has seven drawers total. I plan on painting it a metallic silver color that will match the fabric of the headboard. Hopefully when I am finished, it will look similar to this one:
I really want to get this lingerie chest from Ikea.

This is the headboard I like:
I am so excited to create these projects.

I am going to make new brush holders for my makeup brushes, decorate some picture frames I already have with rhinestones to match the theme better, and print a TON of pictures for custom posters [like:]


& here is a picture of how my new brush holders will look [similar to this anyway]:
I just cannot decide if I want a solid purple bedding set with silver sheets or if I want a printed white and black damask set with purple sheets or a white duvet with purple, silver, sequins, and zebra accents? I am going to make a sequin throw blanket for the end of the bed and also get a few decorative pillows; some with sequins, animal print, etc.

Some fun, creative, and handy ways to store things around my room include vintage train cases or suitcases, vintage jewelry boxes or even plastic containers that can be covered with fabric, jewelry armoire, trinkets, and even glass vases/cups. I want to purchase a faux fur black ottoman to store things, as well. 

*Remember to search sites like ebay and craigslist and also checkout local thrift stores, yard sales, and flea markets. I know I am scoping out the perfect French style princess phone!
Cake stands are good for holding jewelry if you do not already have some sort of necklace holder and spice racks can be used to hold nail polishes. Craft stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby have all kinds of decor at CHEAP prices.
I am positive I will come up with more things to show, but for now that is all. <3

xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment